IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We are open M-Th 11-5, Fr-Sa 11-6, Su 12-5

"Out of This World" is on view in our Lobby Gallery through May 7, 2024

On-line "Shopping" - We have a page with some of the unique items in our shop available for purchase via phone and drive up pick up - https://www.villageartisans.org/

Art on the Lawn Aug 10, 2024 -- Click here for the application.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Meet Barbara Vandecreek

This summer I retired after more than 35 years in public school education, and now I enjoy making glass beads and creating jewelry.  In 2005 I was working in Springfield and took a lampworking at the Springfield Museum of Art and I have been hooked on designing glass ever since. 

For me lampwork is an art that constantly challenges. There's something mesmerizing about the torch flame and watching the glass go from a solid to a liquid and back again while coaxing it into a specific shape. It's an endless quest of color, design and technique -- always exciting, sometimes frustrating, and never boring!

A major support and mover for continuing education of new techniques and skills is my membership in a Southwest Ohio gathering of lampwork artists. 

Additionally, I live in Beavercreek, love to read, and to bake.  My husband and I have two daughters and four delightful grandchildren.

My website is www.bvbeads.com 





No comments: