IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We are open M-Th 11-5, Fr-Sa 11-6, Su 12-5

"Out of This World" is on view in our Lobby Gallery through May 7, 2024

On-line "Shopping" - We have a page with some of the unique items in our shop available for purchase via phone and drive up pick up - https://www.villageartisans.org/

Art on the Lawn Aug 10, 2024 -- Click here for the application.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Meet Sue Huff-Pleiman


Artist Statement
"I have always had a passion for pottery. It started with pottery close to my hometown, Dover, Ohio, with all the wonderful Zanesville and Cambridge pottery. After graduating from OSU, I moved to the Dayton area to be Moraine's first Aquatic Director and then taught in Kettering Schools for 35 years. I was a student in the last pottery class offered at The Dayton Art Institute. At DAI, I fell in love with pottery and have been making pottery ever since. I have taken a few breaks along the way but have always returned to the wonderful feel of the clay. I have taken classes at Wright State, UD and OSU, as well as workshops and classes throughout the United States. Currently, I am firing my pottery at the John Bryan Community Pottery Center in Yellow Springs, Rosewood Art Center and my new studio at our farm in Waynesville. Life is always good when I am working in clay!"



No comments: